Some of the more popular games include World of War Craft, Halo, Half Life, and StarCraft. XBOX LIVE provides teens many opportunities to play online games with others.
Here are some recommended rules that can help you as parents keep your children safer when they are playing online games:
- Don't give out your password to anyone except your parent or guardian.
- Choose a user name that doesn?t include your age, gender, or any other identifying information.
- Don't post personal information including photos.
- Report comments to the gaming site provider if a person violates the rules.
- Tell your parent or guardian about anything that happens that made you feel scared or uncomfortable
Learn More about Gaming
Information, tips and discussion starters about online gaming from NetSmartz.
What's New Online - Gaming
Information for Teens about gaming from ThinkUKnow.
Best Game Recommendations
Get a list of recommended games that are age appropriate.
Online Gaming Tips for Parents
It’s fun for kids to connect with others, but they also need to understand how to protect themselves so gaming remains an enjoyable activity.